News
Now Reading
Facebook has a New Timeline Inteface for Personal Profiles
By On March 16, 2013

Facebook has a New Timeline Inteface for Personal Profiles

Total Shares

Yesterday, I logged into my Facebook Account , I checked some stuffs on the Facebook Homepage and then headed to my profile page after a while. After arriving at the Profile Page what I see is a completely new interface for my personal profile. I thought maybe my page didn’t load properly. I refreshed the page again. I saw the same page again.

---------------------Advertisement---------------------

And I was greeted with the following messages. (This assured me Facebook experimenting again and there is nothing wrong. Huh!)

We’ve made some updates to how your timeline looks. Your posts and life events are on the right, with everything else on the left.

And

Your all-new About page makes it easier to show friends the things you care about.

The new Interface looks plain and is simpler version of the Timeline Interface introduced last year (Worldwide). They have made only some basic changes mostly removing some stuff mainly the toggleable contents just below the cover pic – the items About, Photos, Friends etc

Unfortunately I do not have screenshot of my profile with my old timeline interface so below is the screenshot of Geeks Column Fan Page instead to give a bit of idea of old timeline interface (or just look at your own facebook profile – if it hasn’t changed like mine). OR check Facebook Page About Timeline (do not know if this page will remain as it is or not). Now the screenshot on right is my Personal Profile with the new interface. As you can see it looks quite plain. And you can guess what has changed. I have maked the changes with red boxes and wrote some comments to help you out.

I do not why did they change the interface. Maybe to make it tablets and phone friendly. Who Knows. The changes so far is to personal profile only. And not everyone got it, as per my knowledge only one of my friends experienced the changes, many others are enjoying the older interface. Also Facebook didn’t announce anything about the new interface. There was no choice given. My profile interface changed suddenly too. If I visit profile of anyone, I see new interface only.

Did you get the new interface? What do you think about it? Like it or Hate it. Share your views.

Your Unique Referral Link to This Page

Only Logged in users can see their Unique Referral Link to This Page
What's your reaction?
I Love it
I am Interested
Its Cool
Wait! What?
Its Meh...
I am Not Interested
I Hate it
  • Connie Rivera
    April 1, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I did get it…I’ll get used to it but the notice “We’ve made some updates to how your timeline looks. Your posts and life events are on the right, with everything else on the left” continues to pop up on my page and I don’t like that. Hope it goes away soon.

• Kris
    April 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Hey just need some help. Is there any way how to change the people featured on the Friends section? Answer/s will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

• April 1, 2013 at 11:17 PM

If you are asking if you could show only the friends you want to, then unfortunately there is no way to do so. You can try contacting Facebook support and ask them to add this feature.

• shannnon
    April 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM

HATE IT! its annoying!!!

• David
    April 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM

EVERY I visit my page it give the same “notice”, over and over and over and over. I could live with it if it would simply SHUT UP and move on!

• Vivian Chow
    April 8, 2013 at 3:10 AM

I was in shock when I saw that. I had just got used to Facebook then they change it..Like Youtube.

• Prerna
    April 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM

I don’t like how they keep changing the interface. Still getting used to it!

• Kelly
    April 15, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Connie: I hate it too,hope it goes away.Beyond frustrating.grrr.Some people have no clue what I am talking about this new look.Not everyone got it.I guess we are the the Facebook Placebo Club!

• April 16, 2013 at 6:38 AM

My photo albums don’t show on the timeline now at all. It is checked in the “Edit sections” option to show & the “about”, “Friends” & “Photos” options are not highlighted ( are dimmed), can’t be changed or moved up & down like the “likes” can etc..
    The “about” & “Friends” DO show in the left column, but Photos don’t (even though is says it’s there). & All of my privacy settings are set to Public. so frustrating!
    ..and yes, I am getting the same “We’ve made some updates to how your timeline looks. Your posts and life events are on the right, with everything else on the left” message EVERY TIME I go to my page still….. annoying…… ideas to get photo album preview back on timeline?????

• April 18, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Great post, I missed the update about allowing domains in a cover photo. Good to know! thanks

• Sourabh
    April 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM

How to switch back to the older look of Timeline?

Leave a Response