Pre Order New Nokia Lumia 520 Windows 8 Phone
The cheaper Windows 8 Phone is here. Nokia is scheduled to release Nokia Lumia 520 sometime soon this month. No fixed date has been announced but some sources say the release date is 15th April 2013, other sources say in 2nd week on April. Anyways it is coming soon and many online store have already put it on pre order. Currently Snapdeal, ebay, Flipkart have listed it for pre order.
Before I forward you to Pre Order pages. Here is the Specification of Nokia Lumia 520
- Height: 119.9 mm, Width: 64 mm, Thickness: 9.9 mm
- Weight: 124 g, Volume: 75.7 cm³
Display and User Interface
- Display size: 4 ” with resolution: WVGA (800 x 480)
- Display features: Brightness control, Orientation sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Display colors: TrueColor (24-bit/16M)
- Aspect ratio: 15:9
- Pixel density: 235 ppi
- Display technology: IPS
- Display height: 86 mm, width: 52 mm
- Touch screen technology: Super-sensitive touch
Keys and Input Methods
- User Input: Touch
- Operating keys: Camera key, Voice key, Power/Lock key
- Form factor: Monoblock touch
- SIM card type: Micro SIM
- Dual SIM: No
- Charging connectors: Micro-USB charging connector
- AV connectors: 3.5 mm audio connector
- System connectors: Micro-USB-B connector
- USB: USB 2.0
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0
- Bluetooth profiles: Object Push profile (OPP) 1.1, Hands-free profile (HFP) 1.5, Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) 1.0, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) 1.2, Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.4
- Wi-Fi: WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi security modes: WPA2 (AES/TKIP), WPA, WPA-Personal, WEP, PEAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-SIM, EAP-AKA
- NFC: No NFC
- GSM network: 1800 MHz, 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1900 MHz
- GSM max data speed DL: EGPRS 236.8 kbps
- GSM max data speed UL: EGPRS 236.8 kbps
- WCDMA network: 900 MHz, 2100 MHz
- WCDMA max data speed DL: HSDPA – 21.1 Mbps
- WCDMA max data speed UL: HSUPA – 5.76 Mbps
- Battery model: BL-5J
- Battery capacity: 1430 mAh
- Battery voltage: 3.7 V
- Removable battery: Yes
- Maximum 2G talk time: 14.8 h
- Maximum 3G standby time: 360 h
- Maximum 3G talk time: 9.6 h
- Maximum cellular network browsing time: 6.7 h
- Music playback time: 61 h
- Maximum Wi-Fi network browsing time: 6.2 h
- Wireless charging: No
- Processor name: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4
- Processor type: Dual-core 1 GHz
- User data storage: In device, Memory card, SkyDrive cloud storage
- RAM: 512 MB
- Mass memory: 8 GB
- Expandable memory card type: MicroSD
- Maximum memory card size: 64 GB
- Free cloud storage: 7 GB
What you get in the Box?
Sales Package: Nokia Lumia 520, High Efficiency Charger AC-20, Nokia Battery BL-5J , Nokia Charging and Data Cable CA-189CD, Nokia Stereo Headset WH-108, Quick guide.
My Views on Nokia Lumia 520
Nokia Lumia 520 is prices as low as Rs 10,299 and the specs are impressive but not that impressive. Here is why.
- 4″ inch Screen is good but it being only 800 x 480 pixels is a let down. For bigger screen better resoultuins in needed. 1280×720 Pixels is desirable.
- I feel despite it having a dual-core processor it is still underpowered. 1 Ghz is too low when other companies (not the big branded ones) can give you qurd-cores at 1.4 to 1.6 Ghz.
- Also only 512 GB RAM is less. 1 GB should have been provided.
- Thers is no secondary/front camera.
Anyways despite these lows it is priced quite well.We can just hope it to be good enough. It comes in Black, White, Yellow, Red and Cyan colors. You can pre order Nokia Lumia 520 today from